Energy Performance Certificates or EPC is a guide that would-be buyers or tenants get when they look at a property. It shows how efficient a property is. Also, the cost of heating the home and recommendations on how to improve the energy efficiency of the property.

Home Energy Survey EPC

Who can carry out an EPC Assesment?

An accredited domestic energy assessor is required to complete the survey. Often, you will be offered the services of one from an estate agent or letting agent. However, it’s important to realise you are able to shop around and compare prices.  but you can find your own if you prefer or want to compare prices.

When should you get an EPC?

Energy Performance Certificates are required every time a home is put up for sale or for rent. So, a newly constructed home will have one, a landlord or seller will need one to show tenants and potential buyers.

What’s in an Energy Performance Certificate-EPC?

The EPC report includes energy efficiency rating using a grading scheme. Also, estimated costs of running your home that will give an indication of heat and power usage. Finally, the report provides a summary of energy performance related features. This is useful if you are to undertake work to improve a home’s efficiency.

Trafford Surveyors are an independent firm of qualified local Chartered Surveyors and Energy Assessors.  We undertake home surveys, commercial surveys, energy assessments throughout Hale, Trafford, Altrincham and surrounding Manchester area.

Trafford Chartered Surveyors are a local company and easily contactable. On this basis, if you don’t understand something on your certificate or you disagree with it; our home surveyors are available to discuss this with you.

Get in touch if you require specialist advice regarding Energy Performance surveys or any other of our services. We are always happy to help and will attempt to better any like-for-like quote.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *